Major Halo Reach Title Update Nerfs Armor Lock and Bloom, Buffs Sword and Pistol
Amidst all the news coming out about Halo Anniversary and Halo 4 lately, you may have gotten the impression that Halo Reach had been forgotten about. To prove that's not the case, the game will be getting a massive title update in September.
Among the changes are some nerfs to the armor lock ability, which had really been getting abused lately, as well as an option to disable reticle bloom and some buffs to the sword and pistol. The bug that prevented hard-driveless 360 players from playing co-op campaign and firefight online has also been fixed.
Here's the list of changes.
- Energy can be drained from Armor Lock by shooting it
- Armor Lock no longer knocks plasma grenades off
- Option to remove reticle bloom
- Active Camo duration reduced
- Pistol made more similar to Classic Halo Pistol, 3-headshot kills
- Sword can no longer be blocked by melee unless it's with another sword
The title update with all of these changes will roll out in September.