[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Some Suggestions
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:20 am

Some Suggestions 

Post Some Suggestions
With the announcement of TWO new halo-games, I think its already time to put in a forum section for Halo: CE Anniversary and Halo 4 respectively, seems kinda awkward talking in the "Other games" section about the new Halo's.

Now for my second suggestion:

Because the Halo Reach BETA is done with, I have my hunches is that nobody cares enough to search up "Halo Reach BETA", and when they see this site, may think the site is outdated with just Halo Reach BETA news and move along.

I don't know much about making websites, but I do suggest changing it, which could have positive effects on traffic to the sites (thus more interest) or possibly a negative effect, which is why it is a bit risky.

HaloNews.com is, from what I see, as a domain available, maybe changing the site to that (with formal warning beforehand) might, as said, increase traffic to the sites (I am willing to bet more people would search up HaloNews over HaloReachBeta), or some other domain relating to Halo.

I don't know how much this domain change would cost or if its negative effects are too risky, but it should still be considered.

That is just my suggestion, the site seems a bit barren traffic-wise at the moment, and an increase in traffic really would be cool.

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:01 am
Profile YIM WWW

Site Admin

Post Re: Some Suggestions
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll get those two new forum sections added tonight.

As for the domain, I agree with you, and I actually bought the halogamers.com domain a few months ago (if you notice, it redirects here now).

However, domain name changes are tricky with google and often result in short term rankings losses. Although forum and mainpage activity are low, the site actually still gets a lot of traffic to some of its inner pages due to their rankings on google. When that traffic starts to die down a bit (which should be soon now with the new Halo game announcements) I'll be completely rebranding the site as halogamers.com

There may be some big changes and a redesign coming with that as well, I haven't decided on that yet.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 am

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

You needn't worry, a domain name change will not mean you have to do anything. Your accounts will still work fine, etc. The old domain will even redirect to the new one automatically.

Now, if I decide to do a major upgrade to the site and switch platforms, that may change up things in your account a bit. But at worst that would just mean resetting your password, your accounts will be preserved forever :)

Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:24 am
Site Admin

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:53 pm