View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:36 am

My first halo fan fic 

Post My first halo fan fic
this is the first one of 3 i wrote and im working on a fourth its the shortest of them all so tell me if u like them and ill figure out how to post them without annoying anyone

After being dropped off in the middle of harvest during the take back they had no idea where to go. They were lucky the pelican had dropped them off before enemy banshee fighters shot it down, and the thick of the jungle prevented any radar from tracking them. Three marines were dropped from the Pelican with only a warthog and a few MA5B assault rifles. The commanding officer was Harlon Wake achief petty officer in charge of the warthog and no more than 5 men at a time. The second was Jessie Decker she was a new recruit but it seemed she was far too beautiful to be a marine. She had long flowing blonde hair and hazel eyes. How she ended up in the marine core was anyone’s guess. Last was Jackson Phoenix he was the one who manned the gun and sprayed a target till their body stopped twitching. The three managed to get away from the banshees and came up to a clearing and figured it to be a perfect pit stop. "Persia do you read, we have a downed pelican and need transport, hello, Damn even in the clearing no com-channel.” Just as he finished that sentence he herd the hum of a banshee as it flew overhead. "You think they saw us?" whispered Jackson. Then the screech of plasma bolts broke the silence and almost flipped the warthog. "Jackson get on the LAAG and give us some cover fire." Jackson threw his body onto the warthog only to be embraced with a machine gun to the face. He gathered him self and loaded the first bullet with a satisfying "click." Jackson started to hail fire on the 3 incoming banshees as Harlon and Jess took care of the incoming ground forces consisting of grunts and jackals, though something felt wrong. There’s never this many low ranking units by themselves. That’s when Harlon noticed the two identical trees behind Jessie. "Behind you!" Harlon yelled. It was already to late, as the stunned marine turned her head to see the assailant thrust the energy sword through her ceramic armor. The marine turned and ran towards the massive elite with a hail of MA5B assault rounds that tore trough his shields and armor. Harlon runs over to hold what’s left of the dying marine. As he looks into her fading eyes he becomes filled with rage, and without a second thought charges into battle with no intent of coming back. With the banshees wiped out he couldn’t help but notice his fallen comrade and the insane lunatic who used to be his CO. Somehow every plasma bolt was missing as the marine was running to his death. Jackson jumps off the warthog and tackles the man to the ground. " Are you trying to get yourself killed" Jackson yelled. "They deserve to die for killing her." Harlon cries." Look Harlon, do you think Jessie would want you to throw your life away." "No one dies under my command." This is true though he may not have many soldiers under his command at a time he did make it his vow to get every man out alive, and he failed. The two stopped arguing enough to realize that what was left of the covenant ground force was right on top of them. That’s when Jackson realized that he was in possession of the jackhammer launcher. He strolls out of the trees with a smirk on his face. "Eat this" he growls as he launches two rockets into the mass of jackals, grunts and elites. As the smoke cleared Harlon realized that Jackson was holding his side lying on the ground. Right before he launched the rocket he was clipped in the side by a plasma bolt fired from a grunt with an already charged plasma pistol. Harlon runs to his now second dying soldier. "Sorry sir I made you break your vow for a second time" Harlon could smell the burning flesh that the plasma left. As he saw the fade of someone’s eyes for the second time in only under half an hour he realized that he could not protect his men. He could protect himself, yet he reassured himself that this was a only a one time slip up and that these two fine soldiers would not die in vein. Their deaths would ultimately contribute to ending this war, and he was going to see to that. "This is Wishing Lady, what is your location for pickup." "Just get me the hell outta here."

Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Post Re: My first halo fan fic
nice i liked it but could you make it a book? Or was that just an extract? But year it was cool.

Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:18 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: My first halo fan fic
well i write just short stories for fun and i wanted peoples opinions

Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 pm