[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay 

Post Re: Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
I think they need to set a number of times you can use your armor ability per spawn or increase recharge time. As it is now, matches are basically people constantly cloaked, jet packing around, sprinting (not so much of a problem), or armor locking every few seconds. Maybe it's a gameplay type that will take a while to get use to, but the constant use of abilities makes it feel less like a halo game.

Tue May 04, 2010 1:20 pm

-Battle rifle is weak
-needler sniper what-have-you is to weak
-melee seems unbalanced, sometimes not powerful enough sometimes too powerful
-loadouts are awsome, but pleeeeaaase include weapons and/or unlockable loadouts with better choices

Tue May 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Agreed. I know it's only the beta but everything that everyone is saying about the DMR is true. It should be slightly stronger and as well the fire rate should be increased as well. The M1 is faster and it's a WWII weapon. This is what? 2500 somethin? Furthermore grenades seem to be to powerful. Armor lax is a good counter but what about the other four loud outs? With more play time, grenades are seeming a little more tolerable, might just be something we have to get used to. As well, I feel the jet pack needs more instantaneous boost. You can't really escape (which is what i'm finding to be a theme in game play) because it takes a second to get going. Maybe more power, less time using it? Either way, games looking good from the beta but definitely room for improvement.

Tue May 04, 2010 3:01 pm

I agree, the grenades need to be less powerful. It should be something like a 5 metre kill radius and anything more does heavy - light damage depending on how far in the radius you are.

The DMR is pretty weak, so I think one shot more would do it a bit more justice.

I had an issue whilst playing Territories on Sword bay. The screen went onto the scoreboard as if someone had left and then one of the players local to me had their screen black for a minute or so.

Meleé attacks could be a little stronger, it seems to take forever to kill someone after you've peppered them with bullets and then 2 or 3 meleé's to finish them.

I noticed there wasn't a lot of weapons lying around. There was mostly the needler, Assault Rifle, DMR and Needle Rifle, Pistol and plasma pistol, i saw a sniper rifle once and the grenades and plasma launchers i havent seen...only i have been pummeled by them on rare occasion.

I like the loadouts only they need to make them more interesting and add different weapons instead of the AR and Magnum. Plus more weapons on the map!

Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Overall, the game is pretty well balanced. It's very similar to Halo 1 in a lot of ways. The DMR does need some work though. Its a little underpowered, rate of fire is a touch too slow, and the reticule bloom makes it worse. Fix any one of those and it would be much better. The needle rifle is very hard to use effectively and on Covy Slayer is waaay to hard to kill elites with. But it is still fun to watch people blow up from in a pink cloud 200 yards away.

The armor lock destroys against the sword which is very slow in this game. A quick tap is all you need and then after they bounce off you punch them in the face. I find armor lock to be the most useful and it often saves me from grenades.

The jet pack is obviously just meant transport. It doesn't really help you a whole lot when you are hand to hand with another guy. Though, I have used it to get the drop on people and juke around obstacles.

In the playlists available right now, the loadouts are just for abilities. When invasion comes out that will change and the weapon choices will add a more Battlefield-esque tone to the game. The standard equipment around the map form Halo 3 must never come back.

The most amazing thing though is that the assault rifle is actually useful without being cheap. Finally the bullet hoses of yesterday are gone!

Tue May 04, 2010 3:45 pm

1. i don´t really like the armor, it looks like ghost recon, warhammer or odst, it does not look like a real spartan..!

2. i think the rocketlauncher in powerhouse should be in the middle of the map!
when a capture the flag match starts is one team directly at the launcher.

3. the jetpack should be slower, when you look at the other gadgets, it´s to unbalanced i think. when a jetpack guy cames a long way, you have a chance to hit him, but when they´re over your head you can´t really get them or it´s difficult.

4. why spartan III´s? i miss it to play a real spartan, first odst, then this!
if it´s really the last halo, shouldn´t you be able to play as a real spartan, and not this half of an spartan thing? ;)

5. when you´re useing heavy armor, the stealth should hold for longer time, when i activate it, i run 5 sek, i have just left my own base and i´m visible again.. :(
and the armor isn't really helpful, it just looks good..

6. there should be more healthpacks on the maps

7. the grenades look like basketballs, please make them smaller! ;D

..so, that´s it by now!

after all, i think halo reach is a good game, even if i like h3 more, because of the real spartans, but i like the new look of hr. the new equipment makes fun and the game in it is well balanced i think.

so enjoy playing it guys, see you on the battlefield!

greetings from germany
(I GHO5T 360 I)

(ps. sry if my english is not that good! ;D)

Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 am

Wed May 05, 2010 3:31 am

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

Wed May 05, 2010 9:36 am

@ John Yautja:

i have all halo books and all games, so you don´t have to teach me about this.

fact is, spartan III´s are called "spartans" but they are not that good as spartan II´s.
They´re the very cheap version of them and for me they´re no real spartans.

so in the books it´s like, one spartan II (like the master chief) could complete a hole mission on his own.
when there are spartan III´s on a mission, they need about 300.
(take a look in "halo - ghosts of onyx" and you will know what i mean)

Wed May 05, 2010 9:45 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next