[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay 

Post Re: Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
i would just like to add to my other post.

i think that your vote should not be automatically cast on the first map choice as many people forget to chose and i often end up having to play the first game mode.
its becoming depressing

Thu May 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Overall the game is great, with some details that I need to point out:

Armor Abilities:
The active camo armor ability (stalker) needs to be improved. It should stay consistent like in Halo 3. In the beta, your camo goes down when you move but you're fully invisible when you stand still, which it should be consistent like the powerup in Halo 3.
Armor Lock could use a power drain effect like in Halo 3, which it does right now, but it doesn't fully drain the shields like it does in Halo 3. Also, someone can't just wait behind you and assassinate you when you come out! :\
The jetpack and sprint are fine! :D

Weapons:
The Assault Rifle needs more clips to fire with and more damage!
The DMR needs to have more of an effect, it takes too long to take down an enemy. It should be similar to the time it took to kill an enemy with the Battle Rifle in Halo 3. Lastly, WHATS WITH ALL THE GRENADES??? You can't even spawn or move for 5 seconds without being killed by one of them, lol
However, I like how you guys incorporated the needler into a rifle. It gives the needler a whole new feel that we all can get used to. My personal favorites are the focus rifle, plasma launcher, and the new shotgun. You guys have outdone yourselves!

Gametypes:
I love Juggernaut! (I don't know why people don't vote for it, :\) Stockpile/capture the flag are among my other favorites! Oddball is another good one! I can't say anything about team covies b/c we haven't been fully introduced to the elites yet (until fall, :D), I'm so glad you brought Team SWAT back! Headhunter is addicting, but it needs to be improved. It should be changed so that as you get more skulls, your speed should increase (or something similar to assist and award the player such as health increase, etc.) Infection should also be brought back!

Improvement with objective based games (oddball and flag-based games):
whoever has the objective should be able to use their armor abilities but to a lesser effect (like 1/2 the amount, jetpacks can be used for only 1/2 the time, armor lock, etc)

I also agree with the jumping issue, where the spartans should be able to jump like those in Halo 3.

Despite these errors that can be rectified, thank you Bungie for creating such an awesome game that happened to come out on my birthday :D! I appreciate all your hardwork you put into these games for us fans! I'll be playing the Beta until it goes away and will be waiting for my preordered legendary edition Halo Reach game to come out!

-Kehlek

Thu May 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 8:17 pm

There is nothing wrong with the DMR. I loved the BR, but the DMR is a clear upgrade. With single shots, you can put every bullet exactly where you want it to, without losing any power. The DMR is my favorite new weapon, largely because it is so easy to pick up and use effectively.

As for the melee system, have played any other Halo? It's pretty much the same, just slightly more frantic. I really don't understand your complaint here, since they really did change it at all.

Medals for assassination? Really, you're gonna complain about about a tiny icon? Sure, it's a bit inconsistant, but it's the single most minor complaint I've ever seen. What's next, you're going to complain that the beta doesn't have any achievements?

I've been killed by the EMP burst of the Armor Lock, so I'm fairly sure it can kill other players. It does exactly what it says it does, and it has a purpose. The only complaint I have about is that the invinceablity starts a little too soon and ends a little too late, making it inconsitant with the animation.

Juggernaut plays pretty much like it did before, too. If you think the Juggernaut has too much health, then you clearly not played as the Juggernaut. When 7 people are raining bullets down on you, that overshield goes fast. Maybe Juggernaut just isn't the game mode for you?

Finally, the new vote system is not perfect, but it's miles better than the old veto system. You honestly sound like you're just annoyed that your favorite game type doesn't win everytime. Sure, it sucks, but your complaints sound really childish.

Edit: The rocket's splash damage is really fucking ludicrious, though. Tone it down by like 1/4 or something, good lord.

Thu May 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Thu May 06, 2010 11:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next