[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay 

Post Re: Simple Changes You Think Will Enhance the Gameplay
I like the game but I must preach to the choir.

-The default Assault Rifle is unbelievably weak and takes over 70 bullets to kill a guy.
_The needler rifle is also somewhat ineffective in a hectic shootout.
-The jet pack is too slow. If you're trying to escape enemies who are on your tail, it won't help very much with the lagging start up boost.
-The Assassination sequences (excluding the mid-air take-down) are too slow and don't fit the usual fast-paced intense action.
-The grenades seem to be tad bit over powerful.

Those are my two (or technically five) cents. Despite these flaws, I'm liking the game and cannot wait to engage myself in the final product in the months to come.

Wed May 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Just to add to my starting post a bit, I also think the DMR needs a power boost and something about that melee needs to be tweaked it just doesn't work for me.
Another thing i'd like is longer sprinting time, maybe a second or two, or a shorter recharge time.
Of course I still want higher jumping.
Grenades are overly, overly powerful.
Assasinations are a tad long in time, but if it's kept the same length and even if not so, there should be a cool medal affixiated with it! I hate pulling one off and then shortly afterwards feel unrewarded (also more animations should be made for them, I'll often times recieve the same one over and over and it just tends to get a bit dull).
One more shot in the Magnum clip?
Armor lock needs to be tweaked somehow, I honestly think the EMP with it is rather cheap ('invincibility' or 'power drain' not both!)
The jet-pack does need a little more starting power, too, even though i rarely use it because I use the bumper jumper setting.
And I would REALLY love to know what that box that appears every now and then on the bottom-middle of your screen with the perfection medal inside. I think it gives you an amazing number of credits after the match, but I don't know how to achieve it.
The gametype 'Juggernaut' is extremely... well it's a huge clusterfuck. The juggernaut has WAY too much health and it's near impossible for every single person to get to score at least once, seeing as everyone's shooting at the same guy who you never have a clue when he's going down. He at least shouldn't have sprint, that may help a bit, but he still needs to be tweaked A LOT.

Out of all these problems, there is one that is often overlooked, forgotten and the MOST important: How the voting system automatically votes all 8 players onto the first gametype out of the 3 (and 'None of the Above'). Often times players won't vote so we'll get stuck with a gametype that no one really agrees on.

Thanks for discussing on this post guys, and keep the questions coming so we can all have a great game to be released this fall!

Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Juggernaut is actually pretty simple if you know how. Just step back go for head shots with a DMR or pistol. Let everyone else with take down his shields with assault rifles and you get the kill. Juggernaut is actually a game of patience. Try it, it works.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 pm

The more I look at it the more I'm convinced on how balanced the Armor Lock is. The EMP is necessary so that someone can't just wait behind you and assassinate you when you come out. And if they do wait right next to you just face the camera towards them and immediately melee them when you come out to kill them.

If you are against someone in armor lock you just have to time your grenades right. If their shields are down they are going to hold it the maximum time allowed. Back up, find a bit of cover, and he'll be done for.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:43 pm

i think so far the beta is goin great and you guys did a great job but lets say youre goin along the map and u find a sniper rifle then u die n then its lost. that sucks doesnt it? maybe when the person picks it up it should be saved to their loadouts for the rest of the game or maybe a small portion and the only way its save to their loadout is if they get a killstreak without dying. they deserve to hav it on their loadout. 1 more thing is about the grenades. u took out the spike and incediary grenades which is fine by me considering you made the new frag and plasma grenades be more powerful but we should get to hold 3 each in our grenade slot i keep runnin out of grenades pretty quick in the beta lets not hold 4 grenades (we dont want grenade noobs) and lastly more ammo. there"s not alot of weapon choices in the game so at least put more ammo into them [size=50][/size]

Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 pm

The Needle Rifle should be stronger with a faster rate of fire, grenades should be weaker, the plasma launcher should have less tracking, and the armor abilities should have a shorter load time.

Wed May 05, 2010 11:57 pm

change the pummel into beat down
and have a jatpack boarding action to well just
make things cool
jump
on the jetpacker
he weill slowly be going down then the boarder
slits his throat
and him dying
and falling while you simply jum down onto his body
eh
eh
yeah i think its a cool way to
get rid of some anoying
flying
freak

Thu May 06, 2010 12:04 am

Thu May 06, 2010 4:24 am

Thu May 06, 2010 11:21 am

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next