[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Dropping out of matches unbalances games
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 am

Dropping out of matches unbalances games 

Post Dropping out of matches unbalances games
I just got out of 2 consecutive matches, Stockpile and slayer, where most of my dropped out either right before the matches started or right after. And nobody replaced them. I played stockpiile 2 vs 4, not very fun. 2 people camped our base while the other stockpiled. Then slayer... 1v4, yeah... that really blew. about five minutes of me getting my @ss pounded... or more appropriate, teabagged. really cool to get tea bagged in a four way pwn bang. This really shouldnt happen. Either drop people in who are looking for a queue, or start the match over. Something.

Tue May 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Post Re: Dropping out of matches unbalances games
they definitely need a way to make this work better.... i constantly have people leaving my team cause they don't want the game type or something.... dropping in new players isn't fair to them due to the fact they will be forced to join an already losing team..... but there should definitely be a backup protocol that says when a team is reduced to halve the original size the game backs out and trys to find more members.... although this could cause problems by making you have to keep going back to a menu due to team drops.

Tue May 04, 2010 6:12 pm

In the matches I've played where members of my team have left early I noticed that you get a huge amount more experience at the end of the match even if you didn't win.

Wed May 05, 2010 3:34 am

I disagree
I played a Swat Game
-A Guy left
-A Guys Guest left

We still won, 2 on 4! :lol:

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 am
Profile YIM WWW

Not really, the only time i would see it unbalanced is in CTF and Crazy King

Wed May 05, 2010 8:02 am

Wed May 05, 2010 7:12 pm

Actually in any slayer match having less people is always better. Less chances for the opposing team to gain points. In CTF or King of the Hill though you are right fucked if you are a man short.

Wed May 05, 2010 7:47 pm