[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - WHAT IS WITH THE GRENADES!?!?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:49 am

WHAT IS WITH THE GRENADES!?!? 

Post Re: WHAT IS WITH THE GRENADES!?!?
I think the time between throws is too long, it should be a smidge faster, especially when clearing a room.

Sat May 08, 2010 3:58 pm

they are definetly too powerful.. a single grenade at your feet should not be able to kill you when you have full shield and full health, which has happened to me alot. also they dont really seem to bounce a whole lot, but thats not really a big issue

Sat May 08, 2010 5:22 pm

it is really annoying to 3 shot a dude in the back of the head with the DMR and he just turns and jezuz nades you and essentially gets a martyrdom if you get the 4th shot off right before you explode into crispy spartan bits.i would think 3 shots ahead of time should give me an advantage and not just expect every noob to whip some nades expecting a free kill and telling me i suck becuz i got the first 3 shots and he got a lucky OP nade

Sun May 09, 2010 9:13 pm

Personally I do not have an issue with the grenade's area of effectiveness. But the damage seems a little extreme. Here you are running and a nade lands about 5-10 feet or more away, :shock: (((BOOM))) and somehow, your not just dead, but the guy standing an additional 5 feet behind you is as well. :( Its not a "Fallout 3™" Mini Nuke!!! But honestly, who doesn't love rounding up a few Newbies and lobbing a good ol' frag in the middle? :lol: The size of the damn things? :roll: Ridiculous. I mean every time I throw one it looks about the same size as my head! :| Think about it, they should be the size of... oh I don't know, a tennis ball, IF THAT. But alright I do love the spiral thing, makes it more realistic. :) Although you're running through fighting bloody dinosaurs, aliens, and giant apes. :o How realistic does it need to be? D: Proportion is everything, re size the nade's. And tone down the damage, just a smidge. :P

-Nik
AKA
The Heartless Avenger ™

Sun May 09, 2010 9:41 pm

Mon May 10, 2010 7:52 am

I for one am glad that frags, which are anti infantry weapons, are now designed to kill people. It may take a little finesse out of the game, but war isn't all bout headshots with single shot rifles. If it's really abused though, I think they may need to be rarer.

Mon May 10, 2010 4:27 pm

I am ok with the power of the nades. They should be strong, they are grenades! And I love the sticks on covy slayer and just the general throwing animations. The only thing i would change is toning down the frag radius. If I'm 12 feet away with half health and it kills me, its a little excessive.

Wed May 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Last edited by John Yautja on Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu May 13, 2010 9:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Fri May 14, 2010 7:38 am