View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:22 pm

what is wrong with the scoring 

Post what is wrong with the scoring
i cannot seem to make sense of the scoring, when i do well(get tones of kills, good k/d and tones of medals) i hardly get any points, or when hold the skull for almost the whole match in oddball i get like 40 points.
any1 know how it works?

Fri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

Post Re: what is wrong with the scoring
Well as far as I can tell, you get credits for the game, if you win, and how many medals you get, and maybe for killing.

I think that the score system needs a serious revamp as in the objective games, if I get say... three flags, but little to no kills, I don't get much. That's bad isn't it?

Score needs to be given to how well you do for the game, how well you do compaired to the others in your team, how well you did to the meembers of the other team, and by the potion of your win.

Also, hasn't the flag carrier kill gone? Oh and talking of flagsm if you managed to kill a meele-weapon weilding guy, I think you should get an medal for that.

Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm

i agree, it definatly needs a revamp, possbily have a set amount of points per kill and a set amount of points for each medal(depending on the medal) that is the easiest system but they dont seem to be using it, oh and for games like oddball you should get points for holding it because you cant really run around getting points via kills or medals while you have it in your hand

Fri May 07, 2010 1:00 pm

To answer your question directly, the scoring is based on several different areas. it has to do with your kills vs deaths, but also how you get each kill, you obviously get more for multi kills and "close calls" you also get points for assists, and saving your teamates. there are a few other things that help you get more pts like strikes and such things, it makes it so that if your one of those players who get yours kills "stolen" all the time you still get some pts. but i agree that they need to tweak it a bit

Sat May 15, 2010 12:53 pm