[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - I want a new mechanic in the game besides melee and jumping!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 am

I want a new mechanic in the game besides melee and jumping! 

Post I want a new mechanic in the game besides melee and jumping!
I was hoping like hell that in H3 they incorporated a new mechanic. Such as, for expample the slide from Gears. Imagine if you could slide against a wall and go into 3rd person while against the wall, then you could jump or hold B or whatever to get off the wall, then go back into first person!!! It seems like a balln idea to me. You could wind up in some cool situations and getting out of some hairy situations with a mechanic like that in Halo. I just think that it could add a dynamic to Halo that went missing when they worked out all the glitches from H2. Like your double shot. BXB BXR. Even adding a way to pull off two quick melees or adding a mechanic to pull off a double shot. How cool would it of been to keep the cancel button as X just to incorporate more advance shots and melees. I think Bungie came across something amazing in H2, I hope Reach has more of the edge H2 had but the smoothness of H3.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:18 pm

Post Re: I want a new mechanic in the game besides melee and jumping!
I bet they do something like this in Reach. The Halo 3 engine is too dated for a brand new game so I bet they re-work it and add some cool new stuff like this.

Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:24 pm

New game mechanics
oh YES halo needs more maybe like what you said there hugging the wall and stuff
would be cool for bungie to add some more stuff besides this little
additions we need big stuff BIG BIG

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:19 pm

I would like to see a sort of parkour element added(IE Mirror's Edge), not much but just a bit to where you can sprint quickly into cover or maybe even slide after a certain amount of sprinting/momentum has been achieved to where it could be a quick melee taking down an opponents shields.

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 pm

If we change the mechanics of the game, then it will not be a halo!

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 am

:idea: Maybe they'll throw in knifing. It's very helpful in CoD. ;)

Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:18 am

Yes it work, later it is necessary to see that it give into a Halo game...

Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 pm

In Halo odst the cinematic that dealt with a dare and buck. Were fun to watch but a lot on the short side. A litter longer would not hurt. My only problem with a dare! Because I am a sketch artist. Is her general shape her head and face look like a reshaped mail . Her body even though walked female had no female characteristics, even in full armor you should see some female characteristics as an the new female Spartan

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:52 am

there happens to be a knife in th CQB armor in halo 3 and on the anime, halo legends, the spartan knifed a grunt, so there should be knifing

and maybe a sneaking or silent mode so you can strangle enemies silentely

and a jackal shield

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 pm