View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:48 am

How to survive a sword Melee 

Post Re: How to survive a sword Melee
The sword is one of the coolest weapons in the game, and is one of the reasons i play this game online. While no weapon should be unstoppable, it am merely pointing out that as a melee weapon, the sword is being made to no longer truly excel in melee combat, which is unacceptable to me. There are enough other power weapons to justify restoring the sword to its fearsome fore bearers. If weapons must be nerfed, i would suggest reducing the magazine size on the rocket launcher, or removing the homing ability of the plasma grenade launcher.

Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

looking solely at this game as the context for the sword i dont think it's underpowered. It was overpowered in previous Halo games, I think. Now that elites can roll and get closer more easily with the sword it is balanced I think. When a spartan uses it, it's more difficult to get in close, I understand. When I deflect the sword with my invulnerable shield, I usually die at the same time as my opponent as we strike each other. If i dont immediately come out, he waits and kills me when i come out.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:21 pm

If its possible to survive it, then I think it makes the game more interesting. When you know you the person with the sword might not kill you, it makes them less feared on the battlefield

Tue May 18, 2010 9:15 am

First off I am not sure if I have seen your video, however this has happened to me in the beta.

It should remove the deflectors shields, and not remove the sword users shields. I am not sure if that is how it is, but if I remember right it's not [haven't played recently, I have finals at school]. After all you did parry away their energy sword with your arm..

Anyway I think they should add more counters, like to gravity hammer, and to other melees, and other such things. Would really make it more skill[or luck.. depending, but if you got good at it, skill] based. The reason I stopped playing halo was because it wasn't about skill it was luck.

Halo reach redeems the series in my opinion and I think they should add more things like this.

Tue May 18, 2010 8:12 pm