View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 am

Possible Customizable Melee 

Should Melee be customizable
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Possible Customizable Melee 

Post Possible Customizable Melee
After assassinating a few people i had the sudden thought that melee out to be customizable similar to custom classes. For example you would be able to have to special melee moves such as kicking a person back or a unique assassination like tackling them and then knifing them. But to make it fair the other person can counter if their fast enough. Another melee i thought of was if you have a plasma grenade and you get close enough to the person, you would hit them with the plasma grenade, but stick it to them, then kick them away. Or if you have a jet-pack you can dive onto someone and assassinate them. Though in normal slayer these abilities would be toned down, but there should be a playlist called Melee Wars where they have the full versions of the customized melee could be used. These were just a few ideas i had on how melee ought to be expanded. Such as a game type where you start with no weapons just your fist and must fight over or for a power weapon i.e. a sword,Katana,or hammer.

The second melee ability would be a disarm such as if someone tries to melee you, you could counter at just the right moment. You disarm them. So imagine here you are cornered by a guy with an energy sword and he lunges, you counter with your gun, and then disarm him with your counter melee attack, and kill him with his own sword. Imagine how epic that would feel to know you just pulled that off.

These are just a few ideas i had.

Comments, Suggestions, and Constructive Criticism would be appreciated.

Sat May 15, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Re: Possible Customizable Melee
So you are saying you would be able to pick melee animations that have different benefits? Like one is fast, but its not a one hit kill? Its an interesting concept, it could possibly be cool, I'm always for more customization. But isn't it already kind of addressed by how your melee is different depending on your situation? Air hits them into the ground, sometimes you knife, sometimes you break their neck, etc.

Sun May 16, 2010 4:38 pm