[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Will Armor Lock be noob?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:56 am

Will Armor Lock be noob? 

Post Will Armor Lock be noob?
From what I can see in the video's, the armor lock ability seems to be unbelievably cheap. Bullets won't work, you'll waste your rockets, plasma will just look pretty, a melee will just scratch your gun, and (my favorite) you will kill yourself if you try and splatter the guy. The only way I can see this not being a noob magnet, is if you can only use it once per spawn. If not, I think it could ruin multiplayer. :evil: Someone please tell me otherwise.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
Have you ever played SNOWBOUND where someone would get a ghost and massacre EVERYONE, this prevents that, Ghost Ramming Sprees will be deemed Impossible, and that Ghost blew up because he was shot by a Rocket, PLUS the EMP Burst, And Remember Charging a Plasma Pistol and switching to another weapon after hitting someone with it, Infamous N00b Combo's (Plasma Pistol + DMR = N00b Combo) Well now Armor Lock is a safety against that, so once you see a plasma ball coming, ARMOR LOCK, or if it hits you and the N00b is switching to DMR, ARMOR LOCK!,

and after use, you have to wait a while until usable again, plus, Your a sittin duck, A Sniper could be linen is shot up with you're head, Once its gone, BOOM, dead, Its would be your own Fault if you failed to kill the Guy with a Rocket or Plasma Pistol, so NO, it will not be a N00b Armor Ability, you just Ignore the Guy UNTIL his Armor Lock is gone, then you kill him.

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW

What I'm saying is that all throughout the game you could be trying to kill people and every time you are about to kill someone, they just armor lock. I know what you said about just walking away and go to the next but how do you know the next person and the next and the next won't do the same thing; and as you're walking away, they could unlock and get the jump on you. Besides this time they are balancing out the vehicles so they don't recreate snowbound.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:36 am

I think the armor lock will be good and bad 4 this reason.
If you are losing 15 to 10 and the other dude is trying to kill you activate the armor lock and it will save you, you might have a chance to get back in the lead.
It will aslo be a noob magnet but their should be a way that you can disable the armor lock from the multiplayer options screen which will make the game more fun. 8-)

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 am

You guys have to remember that they are beta TESTING, if there is a problem with armour lock, theyll fix it some way. Also think of the needler. As soon as a guy comes out of armour lock, then some epic noob will do a needler lock on and you will asplode!!!!!!

Personally, i think armour lock will be insane!!! I think itll have a long charge time so you couldnt keep using it like crazy. I could understand how it would be annoying if your going for an extermination!!!!!!

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:40 am

I know "nothing in the beta is said in stone" as said by the developers, so I ask you to recommend my idea and only allow it once per spawn and allow splattering. The problem with both your ideas is that while you are waiting, you could be ambushed or you may not have (and shouldn't need) an epic gun to kill the guy. Also, the people who got the 5 point lead are either: 1) better, and deserve it. 2) not better than your team, in which case you shouldn't resort to noob tactics, to counter other noob tactics, THAT SHOULDN'T EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE! or 3) equaly matched to you and are using noob tactics to win, in which case you can take comfort in the fact that you are the better/more honest people and won't go noob to try and win back.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 am

I still think itll be fine. If someone decides to use it, thats fine, but remember that they cant attck you either. If 2 people were to start fighting and one guy uses armour lock, your both pretty much the same as he cant shoot you and you can shoot him. About the EMP, that was just there so that some guy wouldnt just stand there and w8 for him to come out of the lok, only to assassinate him. bottom line if theres a guy using armour lock, take a few steps back and w8 for him to come out and you could kill him with just about any gun. :)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 am

What I'm saying is someone ELSE can come by and ambush you. Lets say you are in armor lock and I am waiting for you to exit, then one of your team mates will come along and ambush me or assasinate me so I won't kill you. Besides, even your plan did work, it would just be prolonging the inevidable, which is NOOB! In addition to my lasy idea, It would be more fair if the EMP also affected the person in armor lock, thus coming out of it with no (or minimal) sheilds.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:35 am

maybe the ability will only be used for a short
time of period therfore not so noobish

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:01 am

The point is, it's not so much a matter of time as coming out of it with full sheilds and escaping a kill that your opponent deserved, without having to loose the element of suprise. :idea: I just realized, however, that with the health pack system, there is a portion of health that can't be restored, but it all depends on how strong sheilds will be as compared to health.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:33 am