[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Will Armor Lock be noob?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Will Armor Lock be noob? 

Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?

Wed May 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm

I agree that it is distracting however the fact that I have sat behind someone using this 1v1 and then as he was coming out hit him in the back which the game failed to register that I did and he was able to turn around and kill me. The reason I disagree about the fact that you stated it was like a riot shield is that someone using right shield is not invincible like the guard while regenerating.

Wed May 05, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

Armor lock is not noob. It's MUCH less useful than the other perks in about 80% of situations. Just reload, get a bead on them, and let your shields charge up while they sit there.

It's really only that useful in defense (henceforth GUARD). I've yet to encounter a LEGITIMATE issue with this perk, it's much less annoying than the jet pack or stealth, and less tactically useful that the sprint.

Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm

PapaSmurf67
Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
I agree that it is distracting however the fact that I have sat behind someone using this 1v1 and then as he was coming out hit him in the back which the game failed to register that I did and he was able to turn around and kill me. The reason I disagree about the fact that you stated it was like a riot shield is that someone using right shield is not invincible like the guard while regenerating.

Illya Von: its because Bungie knows people are going to just wait behind (at a distance) the one using armor lock and try to hit him for an assasination. Which would not be fun for the one in armor lock. So when he is out of armor lock for a couple seconds I think hits don't count. Because when I was in armor lock someone with a sword was waiting for me and he hit me one time I didnt die and then I hit him he died so easy (the same for hammer) I like armor lock its a good ability. If you see someone using it then just wait and throw a grenade or run on to the next target its that simple. Every ability has an advantage. Don't get angry or pissed at one of them because its hard to kill someone and you want so much for that one kill. The ability is best used with a team since for some reason everyone focuses on the one in armor lock giving another team mate an advantage for to kill. I like all the abilities I think Bungie does'nt need to change anything for the abilities they are reall balanced and perfect GOOD JOB BUNGIE!!!!

Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am

^^^^ Yes. The beauty of the abilites are that they still recquire you to focus on the gameplay and not rely soley on the ability. I think the Guard ability is one that will be used best by the more strategic players. After playing yesterday online the guards are a big help on capture the flag and king of the hill sets.

Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 am

Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW

Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW

Thu May 06, 2010 11:45 am

PapaSmurf67
^^^^^^^^^
"Angry" "Pissed" Well I wish you could tell me how I feel. I'd say it's more of a frustration factor. The part that I do not understand is how using armor lock can allow you to not get killed by one swipe of a sword or hammer yet the person utilizing the lock can get one hit kills after charging. I see the advantages to this ability there is no reason to state these again.

Illya Von: I just don't want people complaining about this one ability. Also I was just trying to tell you what happened when you hit him. If he had a full ability circle and he used armor lock after that his shields replenish which makes him invicible for a little longer for hitting (grenades are a diferent story). I want none of the abilities to change its balanced out to the fullest I think. Maybe it is frustrating but so is campers with invisibility + shotgun sword or hammer. But thats what makes the game fun. Is not expecting stuff

Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next