View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Will Armor Lock be noob? 
Author Message

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 3
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
PapaSmurf67 wrote:
Armor Lock is disappointing. It will be over used if it is incorporated into the actual game.


I disagree; the other abilities all have their own advantages over guard that make them better in other situations.

Guard works a lot like the Riot Shield in MW2 in the fact that it causes a lot of distraction. When working with a team that sticks together and communicates, if you have a guy with armor lock he can usually activate it and hold out for a long enough time until eventually his teammates get there and clean up his 1v1 fight.


Wed May 05, 2010 1:45 pm
Profile


User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:09 am
Posts: 58
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
xRustySpoon wrote:
PapaSmurf67 wrote:
Armor Lock is disappointing. It will be over used if it is incorporated into the actual game.


I disagree; the other abilities all have their own advantages over guard that make them better in other situations.

Guard works a lot like the Riot Shield in MW2 in the fact that it causes a lot of distraction. When working with a team that sticks together and communicates, if you have a guy with armor lock he can usually activate it and hold out for a long enough time until eventually his teammates get there and clean up his 1v1 fight.


I totally agree. One guy can rush in and absorb fire for his teamates then do the guard causing distraction and having taken bullets. This gives the team an advantage and buys the player time to heal. I like it.. Though I would not personally use it. (I'm more of a Scout that relies on speed)


Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 am
Posts: 25
Location: Blood Gulch w/ a pistol
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
I agree that it is distracting however the fact that I have sat behind someone using this 1v1 and then as he was coming out hit him in the back which the game failed to register that I did and he was able to turn around and kill me. The reason I disagree about the fact that you stated it was like a riot shield is that someone using right shield is not invincible like the guard while regenerating.

_________________
Do not talk unless you can improve the silence...


Wed May 05, 2010 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 4:07 am
Posts: 5
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
Armor lock is not noob. It's MUCH less useful than the other perks in about 80% of situations. Just reload, get a bead on them, and let your shields charge up while they sit there.

It's really only that useful in defense (henceforth GUARD). I've yet to encounter a LEGITIMATE issue with this perk, it's much less annoying than the jet pack or stealth, and less tactically useful that the sprint.


Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 am
Posts: 9
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
PapaSmurf67
Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
I agree that it is distracting however the fact that I have sat behind someone using this 1v1 and then as he was coming out hit him in the back which the game failed to register that I did and he was able to turn around and kill me. The reason I disagree about the fact that you stated it was like a riot shield is that someone using right shield is not invincible like the guard while regenerating.

Illya Von: its because Bungie knows people are going to just wait behind (at a distance) the one using armor lock and try to hit him for an assasination. Which would not be fun for the one in armor lock. So when he is out of armor lock for a couple seconds I think hits don't count. Because when I was in armor lock someone with a sword was waiting for me and he hit me one time I didnt die and then I hit him he died so easy (the same for hammer) I like armor lock its a good ability. If you see someone using it then just wait and throw a grenade or run on to the next target its that simple. Every ability has an advantage. Don't get angry or pissed at one of them because its hard to kill someone and you want so much for that one kill. The ability is best used with a team since for some reason everyone focuses on the one in armor lock giving another team mate an advantage for to kill. I like all the abilities I think Bungie does'nt need to change anything for the abilities they are reall balanced and perfect GOOD JOB BUNGIE!!!!


Thu May 06, 2010 9:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:09 am
Posts: 58
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
^^^^ Yes. The beauty of the abilites are that they still recquire you to focus on the gameplay and not rely soley on the ability. I think the Guard ability is one that will be used best by the more strategic players. After playing yesterday online the guards are a big help on capture the flag and king of the hill sets.


Thu May 06, 2010 10:51 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 am
Posts: 25
Location: Blood Gulch w/ a pistol
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
Illya Von wrote:
PapaSmurf67
Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
I agree that it is distracting however the fact that I have sat behind someone using this 1v1 and then as he was coming out hit him in the back which the game failed to register that I did and he was able to turn around and kill me. The reason I disagree about the fact that you stated it was like a riot shield is that someone using right shield is not invincible like the guard while regenerating.

Illya Von: its because Bungie knows people are going to just wait behind (at a distance) the one using armor lock and try to hit him for an assasination. Which would not be fun for the one in armor lock. So when he is out of armor lock for a couple seconds I think hits don't count. Because when I was in armor lock someone with a sword was waiting for me and he hit me one time I didnt die and then I hit him he died so easy (the same for hammer) I like armor lock its a good ability. If you see someone using it then just wait and throw a grenade or run on to the next target its that simple. Every ability has an advantage. Don't get angry or pissed at one of them because its hard to kill someone and you want so much for that one kill. The ability is best used with a team since for some reason everyone focuses on the one in armor lock giving another team mate an advantage for to kill. I like all the abilities I think Bungie does'nt need to change anything for the abilities they are reall balanced and perfect GOOD JOB BUNGIE!!!!


^^^^^^^^^
"Angry" "Pissed" Well I wish you could tell me how I feel. I'd say it's more of a frustration factor. The part that I do not understand is how using armor lock can allow you to not get killed by one swipe of a sword or hammer yet the person utilizing the lock can get one hit kills after charging. I see the advantages to this ability there is no reason to state these again.

_________________
Do not talk unless you can improve the silence...


Thu May 06, 2010 11:28 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 am
Posts: 25
Location: Blood Gulch w/ a pistol
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
rskel wrote:
Armor lock is not noob. It's MUCH less useful than the other perks in about 80% of situations. Just reload, get a bead on them, and let your shields charge up while they sit there.

It's really only that useful in defense (henceforth GUARD). I've yet to encounter a LEGITIMATE issue with this perk, it's much less annoying than the jet pack or stealth, and less tactically useful that the sprint.



Stealth has a radar jamming which allows people to know their coming so I do not find this ability overly frustrating and jet pack exposes and makes you vulnerable and its probably less accurate when shooting while flying (if its not this proves that bungies games are too unrealistic/they need to make shooting in air less accurate)

_________________
Do not talk unless you can improve the silence...


Thu May 06, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 10:09 am
Posts: 58
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
PapaSmurf67 wrote:
rskel wrote:
Armor lock is not noob. It's MUCH less useful than the other perks in about 80% of situations. Just reload, get a bead on them, and let your shields charge up while they sit there.

It's really only that useful in defense (henceforth GUARD). I've yet to encounter a LEGITIMATE issue with this perk, it's much less annoying than the jet pack or stealth, and less tactically useful that the sprint.



Stealth has a radar jamming which allows people to know their coming so I do not find this ability overly frustrating and jet pack exposes and makes you vulnerable and its probably less accurate when shooting while flying (if its not this proves that bungies games are too unrealistic/they need to make shooting in air less accurate)



Nah, I like it the way it is. If the player has the skill to fly and aim then so be it. Is your K/D ratio consistently in the negative?? I bet it is.


Thu May 06, 2010 11:45 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 9:44 am
Posts: 9
Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
PapaSmurf67
^^^^^^^^^
"Angry" "Pissed" Well I wish you could tell me how I feel. I'd say it's more of a frustration factor. The part that I do not understand is how using armor lock can allow you to not get killed by one swipe of a sword or hammer yet the person utilizing the lock can get one hit kills after charging. I see the advantages to this ability there is no reason to state these again.

Illya Von: I just don't want people complaining about this one ability. Also I was just trying to tell you what happened when you hit him. If he had a full ability circle and he used armor lock after that his shields replenish which makes him invicible for a little longer for hitting (grenades are a diferent story). I want none of the abilities to change its balanced out to the fullest I think. Maybe it is frustrating but so is campers with invisibility + shotgun sword or hammer. But thats what makes the game fun. Is not expecting stuff


Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Check out our partners: MW3 Forums | black ops 2 forum | Ghosts Forum | PS Vita Blog