View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 am

test map invasion forge world 

Post test map invasion forge world
hey guys i need with my map of invasion forge world. the people who are invading are elites( want them to be spartans) can't get respawn area cam working. i will put it on our tag today and if you could post the changes that i need to make that would be great. by the way checked out the death star map, really awsome : )

ps: name of map is invasion

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 am

Post Re: test map invasion forge world
obviously u mite no this but, elites hav to b blue, spartans red, respawn cameras hav to b for the team other than tat i dont no y, probably getting the spartans to invade i'd check out the invasion spire gametype. tat would probably help.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:27 pm

The changes are relatively easy to make even by yourself.

First off, the Initial Loadout Cameras (the ones from the Spawning Items menu) only work for the beginning cameras, you know, before the game starts. There are no cameras to use for respawning. That's why it's easier to use Hill Markers as the Respawn Areas for Invasion. Because they have the point on the front of the hill marker, showing where the people who spawn will be facing. Also, that will be the same camera angle they will see when they are waiting to respawn as well.

And secondly, the reason that the Elites are not the attacking team has multiple factors. In the Invasion gametype, it recognizes Species rather than Team Color. So all the Blue Team is recognized as the Elites and the Red Team as the Spartans. So make sure your respawn and initial spawn areas are changed accordingly. Also, in order to change who is attacking, you need to set those options in the Custom Game options. Which kinda sucks because it seems that I've been needing to create a new Invasion gametype every time I make a new Invasion map.

(If you are offended by constructive criticism, please skip this next paragraph...)
Also, In checking out your map, I like the idea you have behind it. It just seems a little... empty. You have great ideas for the bases and the structures. But I think it might help if you throw in bases/buildings in between your other bases. So there is more than just 2 bases and 1 very large stairway. Also, you need to place some objectives so that the game can function properly. Make sure you are using the Game Type Label properly in the Object's Advanced Options menu. It's a great idea though! And I am excited to see where it goes! Let me know when it's done!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:34 pm
Profile WWW

okay first it doesn't matter which color i make the spawn it keeps putting it as elites who are invading. second i will try to add more bases if i can, before i get to secondary details i need to finish the primary stuff first. it really depends how many pieces i can have left

Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:52 pm

i'm mostly having a hard time with the spawn labling. ex( elites invade when it's suppossed to bed spartan, etc).

ps: if you want to have a better chance of talking to me on xbl befriend twinshadow001 and tell him that xn1ghtshadowx told you to and to keep you on his friends list. : )

pss: hopfully the map will be done in 2- 3 weeks.(can only play on weekends)

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:02 pm

You can change the attacking team in the Custom Game options when you make the Invasion gametype that you want.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

thing is i tried invasion spire on it( don't know why) and it said it wasn't compatable

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:09 pm

It won't. Several variables need to be lined up in order for a particular game of Invasion to work. If you are using the standard (in-game) version of Invasion, it's always going to have the Elites attacking, and the objectives are always going to be Territories, Territories, and then CTF. You need to edit these options in Custom Games in order to make it work how you want it to work.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 pm
Profile WWW