[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Halo Reach Forum - View topic - Will Armor Lock be noob?
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

Will Armor Lock be noob? 

Post Re: Will Armor Lock be noob?
Well here's my 2 cents....whatever that means

I don't think the ability will be noob. Will it be utilized often? I don't doubt that but for now it seems to be used the way it was intended and is essential in capture and hold games. Besides it's not terribly difficult to get around this ability.

For starters all you have to do is wait at a safe distance so you won't get hit by the EMP blast. If you have the dash ability just wait behind them and run up to get a free stealth kill after they're done. Simple.

I mean all these armor perks allow players to do things that we can all bitch about which in the end we might as well discuss why bother having them in the first place? Especially if all we're gonna do is complain about them.

Stealth allows players to camp with one kill weapons? Well who didn't see that coming? If that's our complaint we might as well question why stealth is there in the first place other than to allow a player to escape a hostile scene.

Armor Lock I just talked about above.

Jet Pack allows players who don't have one to fly up to unreachable areas and snipe, but that's not something that's impossible for players to overcome.

Dash...I don't have any issues with and don't see why other players should.

I mean all these things are supposed to make the game fun which they do, overcoming obstacles and problem solving is what make games fun after all.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Thu May 06, 2010 12:14 pm
Profile WWW

^^^^^^^^^Yes. The beauty of Halo is the balance. Note the weakest weapon in the game is also the most powerful. The Plasma Pistol. Any Legendary Vet knows that you must have it to kill enemy shields, then switch to a human weapon to finish the kill.

The abilities also provide a balance if you think about it..

Thu May 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes they do I like to use all of them and they really do balance everything out its a beautiful game I think Bungie has created for us.

Thu May 06, 2010 12:21 pm

Personally, I find Armor Lock quite useful. It just takes some learning of when, and when not to use it. I've found that in a 1v1 fight and your opponent is in the range of the EMP you can hit LB and lock and he'll be hit, then you can release LB and quickly Melee and get a quick kill. However, using it in any distance fight is suicide. Another trick I've learned is that even in a distance fight, as a last resort you can Armor Lock. From my own experience when you lock most people who have half a brain will usually stop and try and get a bead on your head. I've found that if you can guess when they move to adjust their aim then that's the best time to unlock and make a run for it, although this doesn't work near as well in the open. It's a very defensive ability in nature, but with some practice it can sometimes be used offensively.

On a side note, does anyone else feel an awkward moment when in a 1v1 fight and you both get in close and then end up Armor Locking at the same time? You're just kinda there looking at each other lol...

Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 am

I like the shield, but I only use it when it is strategic to use. I don't think it's noob. For many games I don't use it at all because on Sword Base, it's better to have the scout run in to defend before grenades come a-flying while defending. If you're waiting for the shield to go away, just throw a well timed grenade to kill him as he pops out. theres a period of popping out in which he is vulnerable, and unshielded. It's all about the timing. Also, 2v1 skirmishes during a match is part of the game, so I don't think you have a case about being assassinated while waiting. Just be observant and look at your radar for red dots, or crouch and take yourself off the radar while waiting. If you see him shield on a flag, you can still go over and pick up the flag and run off. There's lots of good ways to use it and lots of ways around it. If you try mastering it, the vulnerable moments will become more apparent to you. If you can't master it, it will become apparent that there is skill involved in making it actually work well. :)

Mon May 17, 2010 11:08 pm

P.S. - You may also notice that at times in other game modes, the choice isn't there. They realize where it would be broken ;) (like king of the hill)

P.S.S. - I think if you hold the shield down for the entire amount of time it breaks your own shield too.

Mon May 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Well I've never seen anyone do anything remotely cool or even really at all useful with armor lock, but I've heard good things so I figure it's probably aight.

...That was not constructive.

Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 am

Halo Reach Rank: Legend
Halo Reach K/D Ratio: 1.15
Halo Reach Slayer Maps Made: 3
Halo 3 Rank: Captain Grade 1
Halo 3 K/D Ratio: 1.00
You've got no idea what you're messing with.

Thu May 19, 2011 10:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW